Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CCS Behind The Design: Girl X Sanrio

In what has become a highly talked about collaboration project in the skate world and beyond, GIRL SKATEBOARDS has once again teamed up with legendary gift, accessories, stationary and toy manufacturer, Sanrio, to produce a complete pro model series of decks with each Girl pro aligned with a familiar character from the Sanrio portfolio. There was a time when the Sanrio team that consists of cute little domesticated and wild cartoonish animals was only for the female breed.� Hello Kitty, Keroppi, and Tuxedo Sam were the bomb for female FASHIONISTAS all over the world.� But there came a time when proud pioneers such as myself were STAMPING ourselves with Sanrio and overcame the stigma of general stereotypes.� I no longer own any Sanrio apparel (I now prefer GEM) but looking at all of these nifty Girl Skateboards really bring me back.� There were a number of Sanrio items I would never leave my house without.� These items were as essential as my CARL COX mix tapes.� Hello Kitty Band-Aid ? These band-aids were not meant to cover up a battle scar, but to rather fashionably place on your backpack.� It meant you were down with Sanrio. Hello Kitty Mask ? [...]

Source: http://www.lat34.com/2012/07/25/ccs-behind-the-design-girl-x-sanrio/

BMX forum winstanelys BMX colony BMX wethepeople BMX gt BMX

No comments:

Post a Comment