Saturday, July 30, 2011

Whoa! Long break :(

Hello internet world... haven't posted for some time due to an extremely busy work schedule, an award trip (for good little insurance sales boys like me) and piss poor weather.

The wifebot and I just got back from a 10-day cruise through the Panama Canal. The entire trip, with travel was actually 12 days - so it was essentially 12 days + 3 days of insane work prior of NO riding. I thought that maybe the break was good for me and I'd possibly be stronger from the rest.

Boy, was I wrong.

My first ride was a day after I returned back, and what I would normally have no problems with was extremely hard for me. I was huffing and puffing, and yes, I actually did have to stop to take a break. Wow - everything I had worked up to was all shot to shit. The next day wasn't as bad, but I still am not where I used to be prior to me leaving.

I've concluded this: For cycling, if one is to "rest", he/she must do so with some sort of pedalling included. Kind of like, an active rest or what the elitists call a "recovery ride". I went cold turkey, and all those gains I had were lost. I believe that if I had access to a real bicycle, even a single speed beach cruiser, I wouldn't have been in such bad shape upon my return.

This was the longest break I have ever taken, and I am definitely going to try not to do that again.

"Nooooo... I'm not stopping to rest - I'm stopping to take a picture! That's it! A picture!"

Source: http://www.dionridesbikes.com/2011/03/whoa-long-break.html

winstanelys BMX colony BMX wethepeople BMX gt BMX haro BMX

No comments:

Post a Comment