Saturday, April 23, 2011

San Jose Bike Party Test Ride Report

So, I'm pretty much over the strep throat thing and aside from a slight cough and sinus issues, I felt well enough to get back on la bicicleta after letting my once quadzilla legs atrophy into toothpicks. Penicillin is AWESOME! For strep, that is.

We all met up at the Trek Bike Shop on Capitol Expy. Being only 5-10 miles away, I decided to ride out there. I loaded up the jersey with bars, petty cash, cough drops, my iPhone and I was out. It was a little cold, but nothing I couldn't get over at a social pace.

Off we went. Of course, like most of these events I didn't know a soul. A few people had some of the On Your Left bells I sold at the Bicycle Swap Meet earlier this year, so that was neat. Thanks for your patronage!





As we were headed down Santa Teresa Blvd. I decided not to spend my first well day doing a chill-out cruise, so I broke off and hit the hills. Even the guys in front were like, "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!" and I was thinking, "No... this is the right way!" Thanks for your concerns, though, guys! That's Bike Party watching out. It would've been nice if more people were interested in mountain biking - I would've loved taking someone out for a tour and showed them back to Trek.

As I started to climb Bernal, I noticed the "Trails Closed" sign was not out! Dude, I FINALLY get to ride my trails! At that moment, I crossed over and began to climb Ohlone Trail after letting about 10psi of air out of the Schwalbe Big Apples.

I descended Fortini and headed up Stile Ranch Trail.

Boy, not mountain biking for a couple of weeks really takes a toll on you once you get back to it. I was huffing and puffing, and on the ride back home, I even cramped up standing up to sprint - which is a sign that I've fallen out of shape (temporarily). Stile Ranch was HAMMERED - the rain beats up the trails so bad it reveals big rocks that have been buried for years.

My heart was in it today to ride with San Jose Bike Party - but not knowing anybody and discovering my trails opened back up got me back to my normal, solitary self.

Except for my deer friends.

Halfway up the climb. If you look to the lower left, you will see a neat pack of deer.

More deer - there was about 15 of them. One large buck, a few teens and fawns and a gang of does.

Single Track on the Big Apples.

Top o' the climb. This is my place. This is my peace. No cars, traffic, honking... no bullshit. Just me, the wind, my animal friends and nature.

Source: http://www.dionridesbikes.com/2011/01/san-jose-bike-party-test-ride-report.html

BMX forum winstanelys BMX colony BMX wethepeople BMX gt BMX

No comments:

Post a Comment